Welcome Packet - Villa La Estancia
Cabo Rentals by Jane would like to warmly welcome you to our beautiful rental in the famous Villa La Estancia resort. We know you’ll enjoy your stay, and hope that you return to make many more memories with us.
In Cabo, the sun is always shining, the surf inviting, and the locals friendly. It’s getting here that’s the hard part. Below, we’ve outlined everything you need to know in order to get here safely and on time, as well as make the most out of your entire vacation. Read on for tips and suggestions of what to do in Cabo and the resort.
Before you go:
- Check Cabo weather at weather.com or weatherchannel.com prior to leaving.
- Don’t forget your passport! Every person traveling needs a passport, including infants.
- Check the local timezone – Cabo San Lucas is in the Mountain Time Zone.
Most key contact people in Cabo speak English, but feel free to practice your Spanish since it is always greatly appreciated!
Telephone and cell phones
- Phone usage in the villa is expensive. Contact your cell phone carrier prior to traveling regarding phone coverage or international phone rentals.
- Family/friends can contact you at VLE by dialing 011-52-624-145-6900 and request villa number.
- Concierge can help with phone rental costs.
Immigration/custom forms are provided from airlines. Fill out top and bottom, sign twice on the back and they will return the lower portion to you for your return flight.
After clearing immigration, retrieve luggage & proceed through Customs. Customs has a family member press a button to determine if you are one of the “lucky ones” that needs to have your baggage x-rayed and searched.
A note on timeshare reps:
After clearing customs, proceed to the outdoor area, ignoring the barrage of timeshare reps. The time share reps can be very aggressive and tell they have your transportation. PLEASE ignore them. All pre-arranged transportation will be waiting outside the doors.
Timeshare reps are also available in Cabo San Lucas, if interested, as well as next door at the Villa del Arco.
Transportation to the Villa
We can arrange transportation prior to your arrival with a 48-hour notice. It takes about 40 minutes to get from the airport to VLE. If you choose to arrange your own transportation, we recommend the following:
We highly recommend private transportation for a stress-free trip to your rental property. The English speaking representative will greet you just outside of the terminal from either Lifestyle or B&B Transportation.
- Lifestyle drivers will be wearing khaki pants, a white shirt and a smiling face. He will also be holding a white sign with the “Lifestyle” logo on it.
- B&B Transportation drivers will be wearing collared shirts with a B&B logo on the shirt. He will also be holding a sign with your name on it and the Cabo Rentals by Jane logo.
Either company will provide comfortable transportation in an air-conditioned, clean, newer model Suburban or Van equipped with cold water.
- Private Suburban up to 6 persons: $105 one-way, or $210 round trip
- Private Van up to 10 persons: $120 one-way, or $240 round trip
Other options for transportation include:
- Taxi: Average rate is $80 each way
- Shuttle: $25-$30 per person each way.
- Be prepared to make several stops at other hotels
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
We usually do not find it necessary to rent a car since VLE is located 12-15 minutes from Cabo and taxis are readily available at the resort and in town. However, if you decide you want or need a rentall, here are some helpful hints:
- We suggest making rental arrangements prior to your visit; however, rental companies are at the airport OR on site at Villa La Estancia.
- Car size classifications differ in Mexico, so clarify the size you require.
- Take the toll road to the end. Veer right on Highway 1 toward Cabo San Lucas, Travel approximately 15 miles (past a Costco on the right) and turn left at the next traffic light (Boulevard Yenekamu). Continue to the stop at the “T” (Cascades) and turn left. Follow the road along the water to the Villa La Estancia entrance gate.
- Underground parking is available at VLE.
- The trip takes approximately 40 minutes from the airport to VLE.
About the Villa
Check-in at Villa la Estancia
- A doorman will greet and assist you.
- Proceed inside the lobby where any clerk wearing a beige tunic (shirt) will be happy to assist you. The concierge sits to the right.
- A credit card is needed for incidentals & keys will be distributed.
- The concierge is your point of contact for services during your visit, including activities, local information, restaurants, nightlife and maintenance.
- Villa la Estancia’s Code of Conduct is included in this packet. You may sign it now or sign it at check-in.
The Villa and Resort
- Villa La Estancia is a full ownership resort, not a time-share.
- All villas face the Sea of Cortez and surround the Infinity Pool in a “U” shape.
- There are 3 buildings: Building 1 faces “El Arco”; building 2 directly faces the Sea of Cortez; and building 3 faces the east, enjoying the beautiful morning sun and the Sea of Cortez.
- Villas are designated with four numbers, such as 1405, identifying each unit and its specific location.
- The breakdown is: 1 is the building number; 4 is the 4th floor; 05 is the villa number, counting back from the beach.
- Two BR Villas offer an A side (Master suite and living area) and B side (Guest suite). The 2 sides share a common terrace overlooking the pool & the Sea of Cortez.
- Larger villas and penthouses have individualized floor plans.
- Family room and bedrooms have TV’s.
- Kitchens are fully equipped for cooking & dining including a side-by-side refrigerator with a water/ice dispenser.
- The Guest Suite have a small refrigerator.
- There is a wall safe in the closet in the master bedroom and guest suite for your valuables.
- There is a washer/dryer/laundry tub in every villa.
- Housekeeping comes every other day to change linens, clean bathrooms, etc.,
- Villas have large terraces with lounging, sitting, and dining table with chairs.
- Many villas have gas grills for your cooking pleasure.
- Please restrict all smoking to the terrace area only. Fines of $500 will be charged if smoking occurs in the villas.
- Air conditioners will not operate if the sliding door (s) is open.
- All Villas have full baths in all Bedrooms and a full guest bath off the living area.
- Master suites have Jacuzzi tubs.
- All villas have hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, Kleenex & TP.
The water in the resort is fully treated and safe, as it is in all the large resorts and hotels. Bottled water is available in most restaurants, but most restaurants serve their “tap” water from large, purified tubs…just ask. If unsure…ask for bottled.
Internet and Business Services
- Wireless Internet is available in the lobby and poolside.
- Most villas have a wireless router
- If a router is not available for use, please notify us and we will do our best to locate one and have it delivered to your Villa.
- There are connections for high-speed Internet in most Master Bedrooms.
- If you are problems connecting please reboot and/or unplug and reboot the router.
Tipping to reward good service is always appreciated. The service people are very helpful and appreciative!
The Villa Group Resorts
- VLE is part of the Villa Group Resorts, which includes the adjoining properties of Villa del Palmar (VDP) and Villa del Arco (VDA).
- VLE guests may use all restaurants, fitness centers, pools & spas. There is a charge for the VDA Fitness Center. VLE’s Fitness Center is located next to La Casona Restaurant at no charge.
- A trolley services the 3 Resorts and all the Palmitta market area.
The Desert Spa & Fitness Center-Make your Spa appointments
The Desert Spa is a full service European Spa. It is 31,000 square feet of pampering and luxury, truly heavenly! The Desert Spa Fitness Center in VDA offers many types of aerobic machines, weight machines, free weights, fitness classes, and trainers for an additional charge.
A “Kids Club,” located at VDP, offers children 4-12 full, half, and per hour activities for $40, $30, and $15 respectively. Prices are subject to change without notice. They also offer evening parties on Tuesday and Friday. We can send a brochure with more details, if interested.
A personal babysitter is available. Her qualifications are: Pediatric CPR; First Aid Babysitting with Infants Specialty; Advanced Life Support; American Heart Association – Fire & Emergency Training; Attention to Care and Toddlers Experience. If interested contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane at email@example.com
The Palmitta Market is located across the lobby entrance to the right. This is a convenience market, therefore, prices are higher than an average grocery store. Purchases may be charged to the villa. The Market includes a market, pharmacy, deli, and miscellaneous shops.
ATM machines are located in the Palmitta Market.
- Lots of fun in the sun! The tour desk will be happy to arrange the following: golf, fishing, jeep tours, canopy or zip line tours, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, diving and boat cruises.
- Go to www.mycaboexperience.com to decide which activity meets your needs! Make your reservations at the tour desk upon your arrival or prior to your arrival by contacting the resort at 011 52 624 145 6900. A credit card is required to hold a reservation if made prior to your arrival but not charged until you check-in.
- Or contact the Tour Desk at Villa la Estancia via email. Either Johanna or Alberto will be happy to assist you. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recommendation: A sunset dinner cruise with the best homemade margaritas in Cabo on a boat called the Rissalena, which is family owned and operated. The daughter of the captain makes a wonderful homemade dinner. This is the only excursion that Cabo Rentals by Jane will set up for you. Please contact Chris for your reservation if interested at email@example.com
Shopping in Cabo San Lucas and the Corridor
- Shopping is readily available in Los Cabos, especially for silver jewelry, resort wear, Mexican glassware and pottery, vanilla, tequila, and baskets.
- Visit some of the local markets in the heart of town & bring your bartering skills.
- Puerta Paraiso is an upscale, enclosed mall at the beginning of town, complete with a movie theatre.
- For shopping in the Corridor, visit Las Tiendas de Palmilla at the Palmilla Resort.
- San Jose & Todos Santos offer shopping explorations with an artsy flare.
- Dollars or pesos are accepted in most places, but the exchange rate is less favorable if you give them dollars.
- Credit cards are accepted in most shops, but many add a foreign transaction fee.
- Write clearly when signing credit card slips and indicate USD or pesos.
Food and Beverage Shopping
- Chris at Cabo Rentals by Jane is happy to arrange pre-arrival grocery stocking if interested. A 72 hour notice is required. Contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Several grocery-shopping options are in town such as Costco and Super Wal-Mart. Taxis are readily available to and from the stores.
- We also recommend having an Authentic Mexican Dinner prepared in your Villa. Imagine sitting on the terrace looking at the Sea of Cortez while a chef prepares an Authentic Mexican Dinner for you and your guests. On top of that, there’s a staff to serve you! Please contact Chris at email@example.com . Advanced booking is needed.
Contact the Concierge’s for reservations prior to your arrival or during your stay: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bar Esquina||International||Cabo||Casual & Elegant -Highly recommended|
|“C”||Seafood||One & Only Palmilla Resort||International dining at its finest|
|Cabo Wabo||Casual||Cabo||Sammy Hagar’s Place-Great music, fun and food|
|Chamuyo||Argentian||Cabo||Casual & Elegant|
|Corazon de Alcachofa||Organic Mediterranean||Cabo||Excellent!|
|Daikoku||Sushi||Cabo||Casual and good sushi|
|Don Sanchez||Original & Contemporary||San Jose||Great place in San Jose|
|Edith’s||Baja Cuisine||Cabo||Popular – reserve early|
|El Farallon||Seafood & Steak||Cabo; The Resort at Pedregal||…|
|Flora Farm||Organic Farm-to-Table||Outside San Jose||Great food and experience – book prior to arrival with concierge|
|Hacienda Cocina y Cantina||Mexican||Medano Beach||Great food and place to watch Sunset|
|LaCasa Country||Mexican||Cabo/ Marina||Lively, family fun|
|La Dolce||Italian||Cabo||Pasta, pizza, salads & more|
|La Golondrina – The Trailer Park||Huge Menu||Prior to town – Cabo||Order off a large chalkboard; good food and experience!|
|Lorenzillo’s||Lobster House||Cabo/ Marina||Traditional seafood|
|La Panga Antigua||Seafood||Cabo||Sister location in San Jose|
|Mango Deck||Casual Beach Dining||Medano Beach||Great people-watching while having a drink|
|MiCasa||Authentic Mexican||Cabo||Fun, lively, gifts|
|Nick San||Japanese/ Sushi||Cabo||Great sushi!|
|The Office||Beach Dining||Medano Beach||Famous happy hour! Same owners as Edith’s|
|Pitihayas||Pacific Rim||Corridor – Sheraton||Open-air dining; great food|
|Romeo and Julieta||Italian||Cabo||Good Italian food|
|Ruth’s Chris||Steaks||Marina||Great steakhouse!|
|Salvatore’s||Italian||Cabo||Must-try clams, pork shank, and tiramisu|
|Sunset Da Mona Lisa||Italian||Corridor||Great spot to watch the sunset|
|Templo||South American with Asian flair||Cabo||Wonderful food!|
|Tres Gallos||Authentic Mexican||Cabo||Great Mexican Food!|
Code of Conduct
Villa La Estancia Code of Conduct and Safety Policy
We would like for you to take a moment of your valuable vacation time to read Villa La Estancia`s Code of Conduct which has been established to assure that all guests have the most joyful and relaxing vacation while in residence.
Check in and checkout times:
- Check in time 4:00 PM / Check out time 11:00 AM. All room keys issued upon check in must be returned upon departure. Keys not returned may be subject to a charge.
Secure your valuables:
- For your convenience, there is a safety deposit box located in a closet of your villa. Management will not be responsible for any loss of money, jewelry, cellular phones, cameras, ipods or any other valuables from your room or public areas of the property. It is your responsibility to make sure all your doors and windows are locked every time you leave your villa.
- The pool is open for your enjoyment from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM, the pool bar until 6:00 PM and Jacuzzis until 10:00 PM. Bringing glassware, ice chests, food or beverage items to these areas at any time is not permitted. Ice chests are allowed in the beach area only.
- Pool and beach lounge chairs – maximum of 2 chairs can be reserved per guest for one hour only beginning at 8:00 AM. In the event this time is exceeded, our staff will remove your personal belongings and they will be kept at the towel stand. In addition, staff will remove personal belongings on any lounge chair before 8:00 AM. Guests accept responsibility for any items lost from lounge chairs.
- To ensure all guests have the opportunity to enjoy the pool, pool bar, Jacuzzis and resort grounds, please refrain from excessive noise, roughhousing and throwing any objects (e.g., balls, Frisbees, toys, etc.) or playing any games in these areas. Oversized pool floats are not allowed in the pool. Management reserves the right to limit the amount of pool floats allowed in the pool at times of high occupancy.
- Personal audio devices are permitted with head phones only. No speakers of any kind can be used in the public areas.
- Visitors are welcome inside your villa and at our Restaurants only and must be registered at the front desk. Pool facilities are exclusively for registered guests. The number of registered guests and visitors permitted will depend on each villa’s capacity.
- Villa La Estancia will not accept liability for services provided by external companies. All beaches in Mexico are federal property and a very high degree of caution should always be exercised. Activities such as parasailing, wave runners, scuba diving and snorkeling carry an inherent risk. Please be careful.
- Non-smoking. All common areas open to the public including pools, Jacuzzis, lobby and walk ways within Villa la Estancia are non-smoking areas according to Mexican law. Smoking areas have been designated next to the property and at the beach.
- Guests assume full responsibility for any and all damages caused by themselves and their guests for the duration of occupancy and accept charges in relation to room inventory items damaged or lost, discovered before or subsequent to their departure.
- The resort will not be responsible for any guest injuries from any cause whatsoever. Guests are responsible for their own safety at all times. Walk with caution on dark areas or wet surfaces.
- Please refrain from playing loud noise and music or having loud conversations on villa terraces at any time, but in particular, after 10:00 PM to allow quiet time. Visitors who are on property after 10:00 PM or who – in the opinion of the management – are causing a disturbance or excessive noise, shall be required to leave the property.
- Guests are not permitted to drape any articles over balcony rails (e.g., towels, bathing suits, etc.).
- Guests are responsible for the behavior of their children and should ensure that they do not disturb other guests or cause damage to the property.
- Pets are not allowed on property.
This policy is subject to revision at any time.